December 28, 2014
The more you know about medications administration assistance and the proper use, the better you will be at performing your job. As a staff person providing care for an elderly resident, you may be required to assist an elderly resident in administering the use of medications. Proper use of medication is a process that involves more than simply taking a pill or applying a topical cream. .
- Observe resident for changes in physical and behavioral signs
- Report significant changes to the right person at the right time by the right means
- Communicate with physicians, pharmacists, and any healthcare professional staff
- Record medication information on appropriate forms for your facility
- Assist in administration of medications
- Review steps regularly to maintain and improve quality throughout the medication cycle.